Position: MS Math Teacher / Full-time position / 1.00 FTE
The employee is primarily responsible for effective teaching and learning for the assigned subject(s) following district approved curriculum, instruction and assessment practices. Primary responsibility shall include student safety and appropriate collaboration and attention to each student’s readiness to learn including needed guidance, discipline, and welfare. In carrying out their responsibilities, teachers follow District policy and standard practices and administrative unit regulations.
- Qualifications:Oregon teaching license endorsed in Math with middle level authorization Required.
- Posses the ability to advance students through all levels of math.
- Demonstrated subject matter proficiency within area of assignment.
- Understanding of skills/strategies necessary to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Ability to utilize effective practices to build a community of learners.
- Readily implement technology to aid instruction and meet building/district requirements.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Effectively communicate with parents, students, and staff.
Job Availability: Hiring for the 2021-2022 school year.
Salary / Benefits: As provided in negotiated agreement with teacher bargaining unit, but will not be lees then:
Annual Salary Range $46,020 – $89,187
Initial placement based on education and experience.
- Required Documents:Letter of interest
- 3 current letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (may be unofficial until hired)
- Copy of Oregon teaching license
- Copy of ORELA or Praxis scores
District / School Profile: Available at web site: www.oregontrailschools.com
Oregon Trail School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Reasonable accommodations for application opportunity will be provided upon request to the Personnel Department (503) 668-5541. Speech/hearing impaired assistance is available through Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900.