Are you one who sees the value in numbers and people? Do details charge your battery? Have you been wanting to show off your project management skills? Can you see yourself engaging in a meaningful way with youth and their families? If any of these questions resonate with you then we invite you into our hiring process for the position of Performance Improvement Analyst to join our team of committed individuals who understand and appreciate the complexities within youth corrections.
In your role as the Performance Improvement Analyst you will direct and manage continuous improvement and project management expertise of the Oak Creek Campus. This position is part of the facility leadership team and represents Oak Creek in agency wide of continuous improvement efforts that have high visibility and large scale effect on agency and facility services operations.
For a complete list of duties and responsibilities please click here.
The Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is a national leader in the juvenile justice field, pioneering the implementation of a positive human development framework for its work with staff and youth, and using data to match the right youth with the right services. We seek to foster cultural competence and pursue equitable solutions to support youth under our care. Our agency mission is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
If you are looking to join a team that values individual and cultural differences and the opportunity to contribute in the success of youth reformation by enriching our workforce with diversity, OYA wants to hear from you!
People of color, women and other members of historically underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply!
What’s in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the office is as valuable as it is inside the office. We offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family. Our employee share percent for our medical plans is only 1% or 5% – depending on the plan you choose.
- Sick leave earned at the rate of 8 hours per a month with no maximum accumulation.
- Vacation leave earned at 8 hours per month with the ability to roll over unused time across fiscal years with accrual rate increases at 5-year increments.
- 24 hours personal leave earned each fiscal year.
- We also offer our employees optional benefits ranging from life insurance to short and long term disability to flexible spending accounts.
- A pension plan and an opportunity to defer pre-tax earnings for retirement, health care deductibles, child care, and transportation.
- Grow your career with us – we offer unlimited growth potential in a variety of disciplines.
- These benefits are just the beginning, click here to visit our full benefits website.
What we are looking for:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and four years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview:
- Knowledge and skills of the vulnerabilities and gender specific traits of young women in a youth correctional or residential program setting.
- Knowledge and skill related to data collection and analysis of outcome measures to improve performance specifically as it relates to reformation and rehabilitation of adolescents.
- Knowledge and skill of physical plant operations and logistics in secure residential or correction settings.
- Knowledge and ability to communicate data and outcomes and to facilitate performance improvement.
How To Apply:
Please see above to apply at the external link.