We are seeking resumes for an Electrical Engineer in our International Falls, MN Paper Mill.
- Support mill through use of established electrical maintenance, reliability and engineering best practices and processes
- Building electrical maintenance strategies and execution plans that will continually improve the electrical reliability of operations and provide a more competitive position in key operating parameters such as safety, environmental, product quality, productivity, and cost.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting and or problem solving activities and electrical repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Lead electrical maintenance resources, initiatives, and strategic plans and be accountable for performance of electrical systems and assets.
- Perform research, design and development of electrical maintenance processes, including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Support bottom line profit and loss improvement in all areas by analyzing electrical maintenance processes for cost reduction, quality, and efficiency improvement
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products and processes, including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results.
- Monitor sites and procedures to confirm that all operations are in compliance with corporate regulations.
- Identify electrical maintenance opportunities and propose projects to address them to positively impact the mill.
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct assigned engineering projects to a successful completion by utilizing existing resources, writing appropriation requests, meeting the monetary budget, conducting project design reviews, communicating project specifications, reporting out progress and results, working across departments, effectively utilizing internal resources and securing outside consultants when needed, developing prototypes, and providing project documentation.
- Conduct assessment of or respond to electrical process improvement requests. Such requests may include evaluating effective implementation of electrical maintenance quality criteria, improvement of existing processes and infrastructure, crew and management training needs, and/or testing or launching of new technologies and processes
- Collect data resulting from investigations and perform / obtain analyses up-date. Provide report with recommendations and conclusions.
- Coordinate all activities associated with deployment of approved projects including training line staff, providing hand-on support, and conducting post-deployment maintenance
- Participate in mill’s improvement projects and transformation efforts as well as promoting safety regulations
- Ensure production crew and management has adequate training in regards to assigned projected and equipment knows and follows policies and procedures of the company shares information that would benefit of the members of the team and finds ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Strives to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers. This includes supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to influence and persuade others.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Candidate must have previous experience with – 480V and 2300V equipment, including power delivery equipment (transformers, switchboards, panel boards, motor starters and drives).
- Determining plant loading and load studies.
- Working with consulting engineers.
- Ability to work with local electricity providers and the local authorities having jurisdiction.
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and of NPFA-70E, Electrical Safety in the workplace.
- Electrical distribution system inspections, outages and recovery.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience in a packaging or other manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate levels both within and outside of the company.
- Solid working knowledge of PC applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and problem solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing among co-workers
All qualified applicants must apply at Careers.packagingcorp.com to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.