MAINTENANCE SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
(Chicago O’Hare International Airport)
Minimum starting hourly rate of $29 (inclusive of local differential) with applicable licenses and education and 0-1 yr of experience. Starting rates increase with years of experience. Other offerings include bonus potential, paid time off, 11 paid holidays per year, sick time, medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, life insurance, and more.
Perform maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations to Panasonic Avionics Corporation (PAC) In-flight Entertainment Systems on aircraft subjected to FAA/CAA/EASA/CASA Regulations.
Aircraft/IFE Maintenance and Support
- Perform built-in test (BIT) and manual test of Panasonic Avionics Corporation IFE systems.
- Troubleshoot electronic units, cabling or seat consoles in which failures occur down to the line replaceable modules, using knowledge of electronic theory.
- Identify necessary repairs to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling.
- Operate a vehicle on airport property and around aircraft.
- Operate airline communications equipment.
- Communicate and interface with customer.
- Document the testing and repairs using computer and bar-coding equipment.
- Receive and prepare parts.
- Assist in tracking the spares inventory.
- Perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and to comprehend and follow verbal instruction in English.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook (MS products).
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation, military experience or technical school education combined with one or two years of related industry experience.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works on problems of moderate to diverse scope requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years related industry experience preferred.
- Appropriate academic/technical qualifications and experience to satisfy regulatory licensing, FAA A&P
- Ability to pass extensive security and background checks.
- May require both international and domestic travel, up to 25 % of time, to other line station locations to provide relief from time to time as required
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the airport authority for access and vehicle operation on their premises.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and work with tool parts and equipment.
- Ability to climb and work from ladder or platform, and endure sitting, standing, bending or twisting for extended periods and ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate under extreme weather conditions and in confined spaces for extended periods.
- Ability to cope with environmental conditions which may include exposure to congestion and varying noise levels.
- Climb and work from ladder or platforms.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
A&P, Airframe and Powerplant, airplane mechanic, airline mechanic, aircraft mechanic, aviation mechanic, FAA Airframe and Powerplant mechanic