Hardware and software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the S/W Development groups.
- Test and integrate development software for responsible LRU.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented, tracked to requirements, reviewed, and submitted.
- Responsible for the integration and maintenance of a test rack configuration with regards to the systems installation.
- Performance analysis of software for responsible LRU’s
Software testing of In-flight Entertainment (IFE) functionality.
- Participate in the design, development, and requirements reviews for the systems.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software/hardware.
- Support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Create test procedures based-on system requirements and/or design descriptions.
- Test automation using appropriate frameworks.
Troubleshoot problems reported for all Panasonic Avionics IFE products.
- Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned equipment.
- Troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in hardware and/or software.
- Strong technical background in software development lifecycle.
- Strong background and understanding of Linux OS.
- Strong Kubernetes and VM background
- Used Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers
- Test or development experience in K3S edge environment
- Good knowledge of networking concepts (VLANs, 7-layer OSI model, firewall/iptables, routing)
- Good knowledge in Python, Bash, Expect scripting
- Adept in standard test practices and methodologies.
- Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent writing and strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in person and on the phone.
- Develops solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering.
- 3+ years’ of experience in software/system engineering development and/or software/hardware testing.
- 2+ years of developing test plans and executing them
- 2+ years of experience in developing automated tests
- 2+ years working in an Agile type environment such as Agile Scrum and Kanban
- Preferred experience in embedded software development testing.
- Preferred experience with working in real-time operating system environments.
- Preferred experience of Git source control management and CI/CD pipeline creation.
- Preferred aircraft engineering or avionics industry related experience.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Majority of time spent at test rack (75%) which includes standing, lifting, bending, twisting and stooping.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
REQ: REQ-123666 ENGINEERING