The Accountant is responsible for preparing/reviewing general ledger journal entries, account reconciliations, investment reporting, legal entity and line of business month-end close.
In addition, the Accountant will be responsible to:
• Pre and post-close variance analysis, process documentation, accounting for multi-tiered parent-subsidiary relationships and inter-company balancing.
• Additionally, there will be ad-hoc projects which will utilize their accounting background and analytical and research skills.
• Work outside of normal business hours will be necessary on a periodic basis, and the ability to coordinate multiple responsibilities within predetermined timelines is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills , takes initiative, decisive, accountable, and exhibits critical analysis and judgment
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Excel and Word proficient
At General Electric we are proud to say that we have been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in America for the past 3 years in a row. If you are looking to jump start your career then come be a part of our team.