Investment Operations Positions – College grads: Jump-start your career!
Parametric has several Associate level roles within Investment Operations in our Seattle office. These Associates partake in the Class Hires Program that begins on July 19th, 2021. Departments include Portfolio Reconciliation, Trade Operations, and Corporate Actions. The program targets recent or soon to be college graduates seeking opportunities within the financial services industry. (Applicants must have degree by start date.)
These are regular full time positions that offer a comprehensive training program that builds a relevant foundation of knowledge and skills in the financial services industry—and sets you up for success in entry-level positions at Parametric. If you are seeking a collaborative and innovative culture please apply. Parametric values and celebrates inclusion and diversity, women, minorities and all protected classes are encouraged to apply!
Primary Responsibilities may include:
- Reconciling internal cash, position, and tax lot data to external parties to mitigate risk and allow for portfolio optimization and trading.
- Trade posting processes transmission of trades to counterparties, matching/confirmation/affirmation of trades, and resolution of exceptions.
- Processing voluntary and mandatory market events for both domestic and international market securities each day (i.e. dividends, splits, mergers, rights offerings, tender offers, and other events), ensuring events are elected on, processed and posted to the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Daily processes around market reference data including pricing / valuation of securities, security maintenance, etc.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts to resolve any issues.
- Record keeping/maintenance of client records and files.
- Custodian data feed and interface management for all live and future accounts.
- Graduating seniors earning a Bachelor’s (4yr) degree w/ concentration in Business, Data Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related area of study.
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage high volumes of data with tight deadlines.
- Experience with VBA and macros a plus.
- Familiarity with portfolio accounting systems like Advent, or Bloomberg, a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Leadership skills are encouraged.
- Strong communication skills.