Leads district sales effort to increase client base and drive revenue through the execution of approved sales and marketing programs.
- Responsible for leading team to meet activity metrics as well as unit and revenue quota as directed by the Zone Manager.
- Coaches, supervises, and provides on-going training of assigned sales representatives in technical knowledge, competitive knowledge, and sales skills knowledge.
- Manages the achievement of corporate objectives by individual product line within area of district responsibility and within budgeted financial guidelines.
- Recruits, selects and directs sales staff to meet and/or exceed corporate goals. Monitors attainment versus forecast and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Identifies potential leadership candidates and brings to the attention of the Zone Manager.
- Cultivates and develops through the sales staff a referral network among the certified public accounting community, enrolled agents and bookkeepers.
- Works with partners in Service, HR/OD and other divisions of Sales to develop mutual objectives and problem-solve issues using partnership principles.
- Ensures accuracy of weekly activity reports and audits commission and expense reports.
- Initiates, participates in, and supervises on-going training of assigned sales representatives in technical knowledge, competitive knowledge, and sales skills knowledge.
- Manages items of corporate assigned budgets.
- May be required to travel for purposes of attending sales incentive trips, ongoing training, and/or area meetings.
- Upholds and demonstrates the Paychex Values with every interaction internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Marketing – Preferred
- 3 years of experience in Sales or marketing.