Peacefully.com is a startup devoted to simplifying end-of-life tasks for individuals who have recently experienced the loss of a loved one, or are preparing for end-of-life themselves.
We are looking for interns who will write about topics related to senior living, elder care, and estate management: from what cities are best for older adults to live in, to how to talk to your parents about end-of-life. Please note: this position is unpaid, with highly flexible hours and one weekly deadline.
- Generating and making pitches
- Writing posts on a range of subjects
- Researching and fact-checking
You will report to the Head of Content/Lead Editor and work remotely as part of a small team, with flexible hours. Your workload will be comprised of one weekly longform article that touches on the human interest angles of this rich and weighty field.
Writers who are ideal for this position are:
- Flexible and prolific, ideally with experience writing on mature and sensitive topics
- Looking to grow their portfolio/byline in blogging and/or medical, health, legal/financial writing
- Love researching and getting nerdy about the healthcare/financial/lifestyle world
Candidates with some background in medicine, elder care/gerontology, finance, law, or related fields, as well as writers from historically underrepresented backgrounds, are preferred, but not required.