About the Role:
PEAK6 was brought to life by an insatiable curiosity, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to win. With over a 20-year track record of success, PEAK6 offers incredible opportunities for smart, passionate team players to solve complex problems and take calculated risks. As a Trading Associate at PEAK6, we’ll give you the training and the tools to put your best ideas into the market. You’ll collaborate with incredibly smart people who love what they do to solve for the ever-changing and exciting challenges of the financial markets. Plus, you’ll never be bored, because no two days in the market are the same.
No experience or previous knowledge of financial markets? No problem. We will teach you everything you need to know during our comprehensive training program. Our training program consists of 4 phases: basic training, basic trading, long-term rotations, and managing individual portfolios. Throughout each of these phases, we layer on multiple opportunities for you to take the lead on projects with your own unique ownership and responsibility. We believe in holistic training, and include a serious focus on personal development to supplement our core options training.
What you can expect from our Trading Associate program:
- First 2 months
- Pass the Series 57 licensing exam within two months of your hire date and immediately start trading with firm capital
- Learn market mechanics and option theory through classroom sessions and group discussions
- Months 2-10
- Trade in a group environment, practicing both the art and science of trading
- Master the use of all of PEAK6’s proprietary tools and technology
- Months 10-14
- Communicate, learn from, and articulate your ideas and strategies to senior trading partners
- Develop new, cutting-edge tools in collaboration with trading teams
- Months 14-18
- Manage a portfolio and its risks
- Test and analyze your own trading strategies in the market
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree graduating between December 2021 and June 2022
- Availability for an August 2022 start date
- Excellent quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in teams
- Curiosity about financial markets; however previous knowledge or experience is not required
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.