Job Title: Billing Coordinator
Reports To: Billing Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full Time – Salaried, Non-Exempt
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Who is pep:
When smart business, a drive for success, and a family atmosphere combine, you get pep! At pep, we help deliver the strategy for brands worldwide– seamlessly managing all the details so that the brand can stay focused on their big picture. Through our expertise in marketing operations, we help execute our clients’ marketing campaigns more effectively than anyone else in the world. We know that sourcing is essential to brand success as well, so we’ve become experts in leveraging scale and spend to save our clients’ time and money. We’re not all talk- our results back us up too! To date, we’ve managed campaigns for over 750 brands, delivering an average of 21% savings on over $5 billion in marketing spend. Our success also pays it forward to our employees by allowing us to offer paid parental leave, work-life flexibility and remote working opportunities to name a few. Want to be a part of something original? Check out our growing team and join us!
Summary of Position:
The Billing Coordinator is responsible for carrying out billing departmental objectives. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes:
- Requests Purchase Orders for client services teams
- Sends Purchase Order Reports daily
- Data Entry
- Following standard operating procedures, this role prepares monthly billing adjustments, obtains required approvals and enters adjustments into the billing system.
- Researches and resolves routine and non-routine billing questions and discrepancies. Following standard operating procedures, determines the appropriate adjustment.
- Reviews invoices with Account Executive for completeness and accuracy.
- Follows up internally and externally with division staff/management to resolve identified discrepancies.
- May gather and summarize supplemental billing information to accommodate customer billing requirements.
- Reviews various billing system reports to identify billing discrepancies.
- Makes corrections as appropriate to ensure accurate billing following standard operating procedures.
- Prepares electronic files for Account Executives and Account Coordinators
- Escalates issues with appropriate client contacts
- Performs weekly job audits
- Confirms invoices in client’s software
- Ensures pep is being paid in a timely manner and within WPP guidelines
- Other duties assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Preferred, but not required: Bachelors in Finance or Accounting with a 2.8+ GPA from four-year college or university; or Minimum 18 months of applicable business experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as operate internal, online systems
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be client facing
- Ability to mentor, grow and work harmoniously as part of a larger team
- Ability to do intermediate-level math (calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages)
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to problem solve Effectively utilizes staff including delegating as appropriate
- Ability to manage healthy business processes
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.