In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, phones and related equipment. At this time there are approximately 300 computers supported by Help Desk. This includes local users, remote location users and field support (off-site) users. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and basic duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and basic duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Set up new computers or laptops with the appropriate software, hardware and network connectivity. This includes both fixed-location machines and laptops with either modem connections, hardwire networking or wireless networking.
- Set up new users with their logins and file access permissions as dictated by their job description. Be able to explain the appropriate business use of the various software implemented at PerfectVision.
- Physically move or install new or used workstations at the new employee location or obtain and issue portable (laptop) equipment for the user as needed or required by the job position
- Assist in moving users from one physical location to another physical location on a continuing basis. All computer, phone, and peripheral equipment must be relocated as specified by “Move Request” forms.
- Setup desk phones as needed.
- Maintain awareness of workstation and printer maintenance needs. Assist in determining hardware upgrades or software updates as the environment dictates.
- Maintain documentation concerning computers and peripherals as well as phone equipment. Records must be kept in a timely and accurate fashion; this is a critical demand of the job.
- Maintain user electronic files, organize and assist users in file maintenance. Manage file space to maximize the available storage space and effective use of hardware.
- Install and updated computer software as needed. Document the use and assignment of software licenses, insure appropriate usage. Maintain a constant vigil on company equipment to insure inappropriate software is not used or loaded.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received
- through the IT helpdesk.
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process
- first-in first-out based on priority.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing company staff.
- Walk customer through new user orientation.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues to the Service Desk for escalation.
- Manage PC set up and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, company issued phone equipment and software.
- Assign users and computer to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Regular and prompt attendance at work is a primary function and requirement of this position.
- Accountability – Acceptance of responsibility resulting in anticipation / prevention and problem-solving, which includes identifying problems and issues of varying complexities and finding effective solutions within few guidelines, inside and outside one’s job, department or organization
- Active Listening – Actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
- Analytical Skills – Use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Autonomy – Work independently with minimal supervision
- Business Acumen – Grasp and understand business concepts and issues
- Communication – Actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others; shaping and expressing ideas and information with others using the spoken word, as well as expressing ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well organized and grammatically correct reports or documents, utilizing language and terminology that is understandable for the reader
- Computer Literacy – Effective and efficient use of computers in the working environment
- Customer Focus – Knowing the internal and external customers’ business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs; giving high priority to service and customer satisfaction
- Data Gathering and Analysis – Collecting, consolidating and correctly using relevant information; recognizing important information. Tracing possible causes of problems; searching for radical data/solutions
- Detail Oriented – Pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Ethical / Integrity – Demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards; be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Initiative – Spotting opportunities within your own circle of influence, anticipating on threats and acting on them; self-starting rather than waiting passively until the situation demands action
- Interpersonal – Get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals; showing consideration for and maintaining good relations with others; acting calmly under stress and strain, and not being hasty or impetuous
- Organized – Being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Persuasiveness – To present an idea or plan in a way that encourages others to adopt a certain stand
- Problem Solving– Identify problems and issues of varying complexities and find effective solutions within few guidelines
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy, which includes being at work during your scheduled times, arriving on-time and ready to perform job functions, and demonstrating accuracy with regards to assigned tasks
- Safety and Security – Supports and complies with safety and security requirements
- Sociability and Networking – Socializing effortlessly with other people at ease when approaching others or on social occasions and building relationships
- Systems Analysis – Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Tactful – Show consideration for and maintain good relations with others
- Teamwork – Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics
- Technical Aptitude – Comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Time Management – Utilize the available time to organize, follow a systematic method of performing a task and complete work within given deadlines
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Degree in related field or equivalent applicable work experience
- Two to four years of relevant technical experience
- Two to four years of customer service training and / or experience are beneficial
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Experience communicating technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Proficient in performing internal computer maintenance and software troubleshooting
- Working experience using Windows 2007 and Windows 10
- Working experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge and ability to setup all aspects of a computer and workstation
- Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote access control
- Working knowledge of printers
- Working knowledge of smart phones
- Perform internal computer maintenance
- Ability to discuss and solve computer problems via phone
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
- Physically able to a climb ladder, work in elevated areas and confined spaces
- Physically able to lift and carry computer monitors, workstations, and printers
- Must be able to prioritize multiple jobs in an organized manner
- Must have reliable daily transportation for local travel
- Must be willing to fly to remote business locations as needed
- Primary language used to perform this job is English