STARTING DATE: 2021-2022 School Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must:
▪ Possess an appropriate Nevada license endorsed in the appropriate area(s) by the first day of employment.
▪ Meet highly qualified requirements in assigned teaching area(s) where applicable.
Based on the District’s current Teachers’ Salary Schedule ranging from $42,543 to $84,995 for a 184 equivalent day contract. Pershing County School District is on a 4-day school week (Monday through Thursday). Teachers work a 9.25 hour day. Benefits include 29.25% employer-paid retirement, leave benefits, and medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants are requested to submit:
▪ Letter of interest
▪ School district application; if not currently on file
▪ Proof of certification- license and transcript(s) (copies)
▪ College Placement File or three (3) letters of reference
▪ Current district employee: an up-to-date Transfer Request Form
Application materials must be submitted to the Pershing County School District Office, 1150 Elmhurst Avenue or P.O. Box 389, Lovelock, NV 89419. The application form or transfer request form is available on the PCSD website under Employment: www.pershing.k12.nv.us
Positions are open until filled.
All application materials will be reviewed to determine those who possess the most appropriate qualifications. Those applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the schedule. The successful applicant will be determined by the evaluation of education, recent educational training related to methodology in education as it applies to the position being filled, and experience.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Jonathan Reynolds, Principal- Pershing County High School
1215 Franklin Avenue – PO Box 920
Lovelock, NV 89419
(775) 273-2625 Fax: (775) 273-2163
PCSD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations.
(All official employment offers will be made in writing)