Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.
What You Will Achieve
The Viral Vaccines group is seeking an experienced molecular virologist to support development of RNA-based viral vaccines. The successful applicant will play a fundamental role in developing and implementing an innovative molecular strategy for rapid and accurate generation of DNA templates for mRNA production and related virus rescue. The use of viral molecular and synthetic technologies will also support production of candidate RNA constructs and viruses for pre-pandemic and pandemic vaccine development. The incumbent should possess a strong scientific curiosity and rigor and a strong background in molecular biology and RNA virus research.
The incumbent will apply molecular and biochemical techniques to support RNA based vaccine program and other viral research programs in the Viral Vaccines group. The incumbent will work closely with the group leader, project teams, supporting lines and team members to drive the design and execution of in vitro studies, and take a “hands on” role to support laboratory activities.
How You Will Achieve It
- Combine expertise in molecular biology, synthetic biology, nucleic acid chemistry, and virology techniques to help build an efficient pathway to convert virus sequence data into RNA vaccine constructs, and synthetic related viruses.
- Conduct and implement in vitro transcription assay to produces high-quality RNA and develop/perform analytic assay for RNA quality evaluation.
- Perform RT-qPCR/ddPCR, western blot, immunofluorescence assay to evaluate RNA vaccine candidates, and to investigate/understand the mechanism for next generation RNA vaccine candidates.
- Work in a dynamic background team to contribute to the development of RNA stabilization for immunization.
- Mentor junior scientists’ activities and provide technical guidance when necessary. Maintain high technical quality and initiate problem solving for all technical issues related to the area of expertise. Incumbent will analyze experimental data, draw conclusions, and propose future research plans.
- Coordinate and communicate experimental results in a timely manner. Present experimental results at appropriate meetings with group members and senior management. Write progress reports and provide concise summaries of project status to team members and group leader.
- Keep current on scientific and technical literature and attend relevant scientific meetings in order to apply new technologies and/or scientific principles.
- The incumbent must be able to accommodate multiple projects or tasks, and work efficiently on assigned research projects.
- Satisfactorily complete all safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements. Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- A Ph.D. and 0 – 2 years postdoctoral experience in industrial or academic setting.
- A strong background in molecular biology, virology, and synthetic biology
- Highly organized, detail-oriented.
- Background in nucleic acid chemistry.
- Proficiency with Geneious Prime, DNA Sequencher, Graphpad Prism/Excel, and relevant scientific software.
Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package