Working under direct supervision, provides support to solicit business through agents, wholesalers, brokers and direct client contact and qualify telemarketing leads. Assists in the development and implementation of growth plans with independent agents to produce positive profitable premium growth.
A typical day will include the following:
- Provides support to the regions in hitting their goal according to their strategic emphasis through handling ex-date calls and participating on weekly regional calls.
- Learns to solicit new business and promote PHLY products via in-house software system with preloaded leads for Region.
- Learns how to develop a fixed number of planned and qualified contacts per week and documents them in the system. Gathers and develops referrals from each qualified contact and documents them in Path.
- Works within assigned region to develop underserviced and/or new agents and learns how to develop new Preferred Agency and firemarked agency relationships.
- Assists in submitting qualified submissions for processing to Underwriter in complete form with a request for quotation by following the Code of Business Conduct.
- Assists the Regional Marketing Representatives with developing referrals for their firemarked and preferred agents.
- Answers the marketing 800 line phone calls and instant messages.
- Participates in external and internal training classes and workshops to achieve and maintain expertise on PHLY products.
- Assists in explaining features and merits of policies offered; provides recommended amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relationships and partnerships with clients, vendors, and peers
- Basic knowledge of insurance products, market segments and marketplaces
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced sales environment
- Ability to use various resources and product knowledge to achieve sales goals
- Ability to obtain P&C license prior to starting
Tokio Marine Group of Companies (including, but not limited to the Philadelphia Insurance Companies, Tokio Marine America, Inc., TMNA Services, LLC, TM Claims Service, Inc. and First Insurance Company of Hawaii, Ltd.) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, sexual orientation and/or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K match. Our rich history of outstanding results and growth allow us to focus our business plan on continued growth, new products, people development and internal career opportunities. If you enjoy working in a fast paced work environment with growth potential please apply online.
Additional information on Volunteer Benefits, Paid Vacation, Medical Benefits, Educational Incentives, Family Friendly Benefits and Investment Incentives can be found at https://www.phly.com/Careers/default.aspx
This position is not able to be performed within the state of Colorado.