This position, with rotating days and weekends, is in the Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Department.
Salary Grade: 36
Performs routine trades or craftsman duties above the helper or apprentice levels, maintaining and repairing facilities, equipment, vehicles, their parts or surrounding grounds in direct support of a process, system or facility. Also, participates in construction or renovation activities. Work requires manual labor and the use of hand and powered tools, equipment and/or vehicles and frequently involves repetitive individual tasks in a variety of work settings.
As a condition of hire, selected candidates must take the Arizona Department of Agriculture – Pest Control Applicator Core test within 60 days from hiring date and fully obtain Pesticide Applicator Certification/License during the probationary period. Additionally, selected candidate must possess and maintain an Arizona Class D driver’s license free of restrictions during employment.
(1) Two years of experience performing helper or apprentice level duties in irrigation systems, landscape and/or building maintenance.
(Relevant training or education may substitute for up to one year of the aforementioned experience.)
(2) One year of experience within Pima County as a TM Helper in irrigation systems, landscape and/or building maintenance. Some positions may require additional specialized training and/or experience.
(Relevant training or education may substitute for up to six months of the aforementioned experience.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and “Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A minimum of one (1) year experience maintaining and repairing irrigation systems to include drip applications and turf irrigation.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in landscape maintenance to include use and operation of riding mowers, string trimmers, pruning saws, chain saws, loppers, hand pruners, blowers, basic hand tools and small engine equipment.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in building and structure maintenance (painting, light carpentry, plumbing, changing lamps/light bulbs, cleaning and handyman type repairs).
- A minimum of one (1) year experience operating, tying down and hauling various types of trailers and equipment.
- Arizona Certified Applicator License.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.