This position is in the Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Department.
Salary Grade: 41
This position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs., safely operate assigned vehicles and other powered equipment, and work in extremes of heat, humidity, dust and cold. All employees must properly wear and utilize all safety PPE clothing and equipment. Ascending and descending ladders and stairs to reach and work upon elevated or below grade work platforms and job sites may be required. Must be able to differentiate between colors. The successful candidate must obtain a Class A CDL within 90 days of hire.
(1) Completion of an industry-recognized apprenticeship program as an electrician and one year of journey-level experience in the same trade.
(Relevant education may substitute for up to six months of the aforementioned experience.)
(2) Five years of journey-level experience as an electrician.
(Relevant education may substitute for up to two and one half years of the aforementioned experience.)
(3) Two years of experience with Pima County as a Trades Maintenance Technician as an electrician. Some positions may require additional specialized training and/or experience.
(Relevant education may substitute for up to one year of the aforementioned experience.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and “Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years journey-level experience in the installation, operation and repair of control wiring, electrical distribution switch gear, motor control centers, and power generation equipment.
- Experience in low and high voltage lighting and lighting related to commercial and industrial applications.
- Experience in water/well systems, irrigation systems, and solar systems electrical controls installation and repair.
- Experience in the use of aerial equipment and high light pole climbing.
- Basic computer experience utilizing e-mail, excel spreadsheets, work order documents, and experience writing reports.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.