This position is in the Financial Control & Reporting Division of the Pima County Finance & Risk Management Department.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 53
This position within the Financial Control and Reporting division is responsible for maintaining the capital asset ledger and preparing journal entries for interdepartmental charges and reviewing bank account reconciliations. This involves frequent interaction with department personnel in order to obtain the information necessary to process journal entries and monitor departmental bank accounts. This position also works closely with individuals that prepare interim and year-end financial reports according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for inclusion in the County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
(1) A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment.
(2) An Associate’s degree with a focus in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years of professional accounting experience.
(Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and “Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting.
- Experience performing account reconciliations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (with particular emphasis on Microsoft Excel).
- Experience processing updates and changes to a fixed asset system, including manual additions, transfers, category changes and retirements.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to obtain/maintain required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.