There are multiple positions, two (2) of which are grant-funded, within the Grants Management & Innovation Department.
Salary Grade: 60
Participates in either the preparation of certain parts of interim financial statements, the County’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), other annual reports, testing and implementation of changes to the County’s or Treasurer’s Office automated financial systems, or processing and analyzing multi-departmental, county-wide or Treasurer’s Office transactions for payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the general ledger. This classification used primarily by the Central Finance Department and the Treasurer’s Office.
Please note: All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.
(1) A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, economics, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and two years of professional level experience in accounting, budgeting, auditing, financial analysis or financial management. (Additional relevant education from an accredited college or university and/or experience may be substituted.) (A CPA designation may substitute for one year of required experience.)
(2) Two years of experience with Pima County as an Accountant-Senior, Finance Analyst – Senior, Grant Accountant and Compliance Specialist, Finance Operations Specialist-Central Finance, Internal Auditor I or Finance Accountant – Principal.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in accounting, business, or a related field and two (2) years of professional accounting experience.
- Two (2) years of experience with Pima County as an Accountant Senior, Finance Accountant Senior, Finance Operations Specialist, or a Contracts/Grants Compliance Specialist.
- Experience preparing and tracking budgets.
- Experience with advanced Excel functions, such as pivot tables, filters and V-Lookup.
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing and producing financial reports, researching, analyzing, interpreting, reconciling, and auditing financial and budgetary data.
- Experience with accounting and compliance in relation to governmental funds, contracts and/or grants.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/score against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidates from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application. Failure to maintain the required licensure shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: The County requires pre-employment background checks. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include verification of work history, education and criminal conviction history. A prior criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment with the County.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position. All new hires (and promoted employees) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, within 30 days of hire. If you are unable to become fully vaccinated due to a medical disability or religious observance/practice, you must request an accommodation – accommodation forms are located on-line. For new hires (and promoted employees) hired after October 1, 2021, the applicant must have a full set of COVID-19 vaccines, by the effective date of hire.