This position is located in the Health Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Salary Grade: 51
Assists in the planning, direction, and administration of a department, division, or operation and performs related work as required. This classification is distinguished from the Special Staff Assistant classification by its organizational placement and its greater latitude in authority and responsibility.
(1) A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration, management, accounting or finance or a related field and three years of professional administrative or managerial experience. (Relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
(2) An Associate’s degree or at least 60 semester-hours from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, management, accounting or finance and five years of professional administrative or managerial experience.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- A Master’s Degree in public health, public administration, project management, or related field.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Lean or Six Sigma certification.
- Experience establishing or providing support within a project management organization.
- Experience with process mapping, documentation, and improvements.
- Experience developing standard work, project frameworks, and tracking project status.
- Experience with quality improvement methods such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaisen, and Plan-Do-Check-Act.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidates from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.