This position is located in the Environmental Quality Department.
Salary Grade: 69
Plans, organizes and manages the activities of Environmental Quality programs.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in engineering, physical or natural science, or closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and five years of work experience in environmental quality, air quality, water quality, hazardous materials, solid waste or pre-registration civil engineering including two years of supervisory experience. (Supervisory experience may be concurrent with the aforementioned experience.) (Additional relevant experience and/or education from an accredited university, college or trade school may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the “Education” and Work Experience” sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write “see resume” on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Knowledge and experience developing and maintaining programs including management of staff, workloads, assignments, and budgets.
- Knowledge and experience in applying and interpreting codes, laws, or ordinances.
- Knowledge and experience investigating and documenting reports of compliance violations and issuing appropriate notices, preparation of court documents and testifying in court.
- Experience working as a contributing member of a team, working productively and cooperatively with other internal teams and external customers, while conveying a positive image of the county and its services.
- Experience responding to and addressing public inquiries, providing information on policies and procedures and communicating with management.
- Experience resolving compliance cases.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidates from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.