At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook’s PR Associate works across a wide range of tasks, including strategic thinking and roll-up-your-sleeves tactical work. This role supports efforts to increase PitchBook’s brand awareness, exposure, and editorial coverage across top-tier media outlets through strong organizational skills as well as written communication and storytelling.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company’s growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to increase brand awareness and support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, high-visibility PR initiatives and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Update and proactively maintain all internal tools (TrendKite, Asana, etc) and trackers (coverage, media lists, awards, etc.).
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports on PR objectives and key results
- Conceptualize and support development of written materials, including briefing materials, media alerts, FAQs, award and event evaluations and other supporting documents
- Prioritize and respond to daily inbound media requests for data.
- Build and strengthen relationships with top-tier media outlets within financial services and technology
- Proactively craft and pitch stories to media outlets using PitchBook data and insights
- Execute ad hoc research projects that support PR team’s strategic plans
- Contribute to cross-functional marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or similar field
- 1-2 years of previous PR experience
- Exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copy-editing, and proofreading skills. Ability to vary writing style to meet needs and present numerical data effectively
- Communicate clearly and persuasively; ability to engage others; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions
- Ability to multi-task effectively, strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to changing conditions and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly
- Possess creativity in storytelling
- Exceptional relationship building, including interacting with executives in a professional manner
- Knowledge of private equity, venture capital, and M&A is helpful but not required
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.