At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Research team is one of the largest and most important teams at PitchBook, totaling over four hundred people across three continents. We are looking for a Dataset Lead to assist our team in driving operational excellence and transparency across all our internal processes. We need an entrepreneurial operator who will not settle with things as they are and will push the team to improve each day.
It is our job as PitchBook’s Research department to build and maintain an industry leading data service on the venture capital, private equity, and M&A industries that thousands of professionals across the private markets rely on to find their next big opportunity. Team members in this role will focus on operations and process improvement while also developing a sophisticated knowledge of alternative investment practices.
In this role you will join our secondary research team and be responsible for owning and managing the Pre-Venture & supporting private company research processes supporting our Venture Capital dataset. You will be accountable for the daily operations and execution of a global team of 40+ research associates. You will focus on ensuring our data collection processes are complete, accurate, timely and operating as efficiently as possible. Our Venture Capital dataset is one of our key core offerings and holds the highest visibility to our clients both externally and internally and requires extreme ownership and dedication to manage.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Quickly ramping up on our existing datasets and processes in order to quickly take on full ownership of the Venture Capital dataset
- Becoming an expert in PitchBook’s core research areas of private equity, venture capital and M&A through dedicated training and intellectual curiosity
- Taking on projects to identify opportunities to improve upon the core quality metrics (comprehensiveness, accuracy, timeliness)
- Working closely and collaborating with teams across various geographic offices
- Actively managing and prioritizing workflow daily
- Managing cross team projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on dataset completeness and quality improvements
- Acting as the face of the datasets under your purview
- Driving cross team collaboration across product, sales, CS, editorial and other PitchBook departments
- Seeking out opportunities to improve our data collection processes, methodologies and tools
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting success to research leadership
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong desire to be constantly finding ways to increase efficiency and drive improvements
- The belief that anything below excellent isn’t good enough and expects the same from those on your team
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational methods and top-notch multi-tasking skills with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Incessant curiosity, innovative thinking and meticulous work habits
- Strong understanding of the private and public markets
- A background or interest in the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- 2-4 years professional experience
- Experience related to operations, program management, and process management
- Bachelor’s degree required
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.