Position: Media Prep / Glassware Technician, Hayward, CA
We are looking for a Media Prep / Glassware Technician to join our Lab Services team. This role provides essential support to our research teams in the preparation of all media, buffers, and plates, and in the cleaning and sterilizing of glassware and consumables. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Accurately prepare media per recipe or customer guidelines following established protocols and SOPs.
- Clean and sterilize glassware. Sterilize, restock and maintain par levels of all commonly stocked liquid media, plates, and glassware.
- Perform general lab maintenance and housekeeping per department procedures.
- Follow safety guidelines, equipment procedures, and chemical handling guidelines.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Operate autoclaves, glassware washers, plate fillers, and agar dispensers.
- Troubleshoot issues and follow up as necessary to ensure resolution.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma or GED plus six (6) years lab experience or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in Media Prep, preferably in a non-academic setting.
- Able to work on your feet, standing or walking up to 80% of shift.
- Able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, strong math skills.
- Strong customer service skills, problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office and know how to use a computer to access the internet.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team