Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Shipping and Receiving Coordinator, Hayward, CA
We are looking for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to join our Lab Services team. This role provides essential support to our research teams by helping manage lab supply inventory across our two East Bay locations. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, delivery and warehousing of all facility consumables.
- Preparation of all outgoing shipments, domestic and international, including DOT and IATA regulated materials.
- Ensure supply shelves at all Hayward locations are replenished and maintained daily.
- Fulfill and complete purchase order and service requests placed through our in-house request systems.
- Maintain inventory records, reconcile invoices and packing slips.
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience in shipping and receiving.
- Highly organized with strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to work with or without direct supervision.
- Familiarity with FedEx, UPS, USPS, international shipping policies and MS Office. Experience with Asana and Coupa or similar project management and purchasing systems a plus.
- Ability to travel occasionally to Berkeley, CA location
- Must have a valid CA drivers license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and able to handle shifts requiring long periods of standing, walking or bending.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team