An Internship with Point72’s Tax Team
Point72’s Tax team conducts tax research and tax planning projects and oversee Point72’s tax compliance for 30+ funds and 50+ private equity and management companies. We manage all tax-related projects external firms and within Point72, responsible for overseeing all domestic (U.S.) and foreign (non-U.S.) Partnership, C Corporation, S Corporation, Individual, and Foundation tax filings. Our group is also responsible for analyzing tax implications and capital planning strategies for the Firm.
We’re seeking someone currently pursuing a law degree with some focus in Tax to join our team as an intern. The learning opportunities for this role are unlimited, as you apply your skills to the complex structure of our organization, a high volume and range of trading instruments, and contributing to tax planning requests that support our leadership’s strategic decisions.
What you’ll do
- Prepare tax schedules, analysis, and supporting work papers
- Review complex partnership and corporate tax returns
- Work closely with various business units to ensure that Point72 is compliant with tax laws and policies
- Proactively interact with key internal clients and external service providers to gather information and respond to information requests
- Make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Currently pursuing a law degree with concentration/exposure/focus on tax
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and capability to remain organized
- An ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and a commitment to acting with professionalism and integrity at all times
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competency with basic accounting principles and research tools
- Ability to work 20-30 hours per week, with the option to work additional hours
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.