We believe great investing talent can be found everywhere! Show us you have what it takes to become a great investor by participating in Point72 Academy’s annual case competition.
Point72 Academy Case Competition
We believe great investing talent can be found everywhere! Show us you have what it takes to become a great investor by participating in Point72 Academy’s annual case competition. The winning team and eligible finalists will secure seats at a superday for a 2023 Point72 Academy Summer Internship position – and earn cash prizes!
Prep your pitch: You and two teammates will begin by preparing an analysis based on your fundamental research. This is your chance to demonstrate your analytical capabilities.
Refine with a Mentor: Finalist teams will have the opportunity to work with our Academy coaching team and receive mentorship from Point72 Analysts.
Present your case: As a Finalist, you’ll earn an expenses-paid weekend in NYC where you’ll rise to the challenge of presenting your case to some of Point72’s top investment professionals. Finalists will meet like-minded aspiring investors, develop their fundamental research skills, and apply what they’ve learned to the final presentation of their stock pitch.
Please note that while we hope to host the finalist round in person in New York City, this is subject to change depending on local Covid-19 guidelines and CDC recommendations.
How to Participate in the Point72 Academy Case Competition—New York City
- Your team must consist of three (3) students from the same United States or Canadian university. All team members must be freshman and/or sophomores (Winter 2023 – Summer 2025 grads).
- Diversity within teams is encouraged.
- Each team must identify a single team captain and a team name.
- Each team member must register individually, using the same team name.
- The deadline for registration is January 2, 2022.
- On January 6, 2022 team captains will receive submission instructions for their team’s’ entries.
- Teams must then submit their presentation through Point72’s portal by January 24, 2022.
- Finalists will receive notification by February 8, 2022.
- We will pair finalist teams with a mentor from Point72, who will provide expertise and assistance as students refine and improve their final presentations.
- Final presentations must be submitted by February 21, 2022.
- The Finalist Weekend will take place in New York City on March 4 – March 5, 2022. .
- Point72 will cover all travel and accommodation costs within reason.
- Please note that in accordance with company policy, proof of full vaccination is required to enter our office. We will ask all finalist participants to provide proof of vaccination in advance of the in-person event.
Case Competition Timeline
January 2, 2022
January 6, 2022
Case assignment sent via email to registered team captains
January 24, 2022
Deadline for web submission of presentation
February 8, 2022
Finalists announced & Point72 mentors assigned
February 21, 2022
Final presentation submission deadline
March 4 -5, 2022
Case Competition Finalist Weekend in New York City
Contest Rules and Important Considerations for Applicants
- Undergraduate students graduating between Winter 2023 and Summer 2025 nationally accredited university in the United States and Canada are eligible. Students graduating in any other years are not eligible.
- All three students of a single team must attend and reside at the same undergraduate institution for the duration of the competition.
- If the registration instructions outlined above are not followed, your team may be disqualified.
- Each team member that successfully registers will receive email confirmation from AcademyRecruiting@point72.com. All subsequent communications will be sent to the team captain.
- The case assignment and detailed guidelines will be released on January 6, 2022 from AcademyRecruiting@point72.com.
- Finalist teams may be disqualified if all members cannot attend the final round March 4-5, 2022 in NYC.
- Finalist teams will be paired with a Point72 mentor for feedback on their pitch prior to final presentation submission. Point72 mentors will be available for a 60-minute call to discuss the pitch.
- All team members are required to have speaking parts during the finalist presentations.
- Point72 will cover travel and accommodation expenses within reason.
- Eligible candidates from the first-place team will receive a spot in a superday for the 2023 Point72 Academy Summer Internship Program.
- Should you have further questions, please contact us at AcademyRecruiting@point72.com.
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here