A Career with Point72’s Legal team
The Legal team at Point72 supports our Firm globally with practical advice and expert counsel on a variety of complex legal and regulatory matters in an ever-changing environment. We offer the opportunity to contribute immediately while building a long-term career at our Firm.
What you’ll do
The Legal Assistant will join our team, working primarily for and alongside attorneys in the Financing and Transaction Management Group. This division finances the Firm’s assets globally, negotiates and manages the legal agreements associated with the Firm’s global flow trading business (e.g., prime brokerage, derivatives, repurchase agreements, etc.), and counsels traders and others with respect to these agreements, their uses and market practices.
The role is analogous to a paralegal position, however there is significant growth potential for a proven candidate who demonstrates the ability and willingness to take on additional responsibilities. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review various legal agreements, documents and forms
- Coordinate internally with other Point72 departments, including Treasury, Finance, Investor Services, Operations and Tax, and externally with brokers, banks and key trading counterparties on finance/margin terms, fund structure and related topics
- Handle all aspects of finalizing trade finance agreements with counterparties, broker/dealers, and outside counsel, including follow-up on outstanding agreements to obtain countersignatures
- Distribute, collect and file legal documents related to trade finance
- Assist in the execution and tracking of different legal finance agreements as well as identify and analyze key terms in such agreements
- Organize and maintain status sheets, prepare documents for signature, and send status updates to internal clients
- Review and confirm derivative trade confirmations
- Assist in the completion of various regulatory filings, including SEC and NFA filings
As a part of our recruiting and assessment process, you may be asked to provide a writing sample and complete a written exercise.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to join our team with the opportunity to learn and grow. Specifically, you will need:
- Attention to detail and the tenacity to produce meticulous work product
- To be highly organized, process driven, and structured with the ability to work independently
- The ability to juggle many tasks at once under pressure, prioritize such tasks and see each through to completion
- Exceptional reading and writing skills, as well as outstanding communication skills and interpersonal skills
- To be adaptable and willing to accept varied assignments across a broad range of responsibilities
- Adept at addressing questions and seeking appropriate resources to resolve open items or attain additional information as required
- Basic/intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven academic and work achievement
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Volunteer opportunities
- Support for employee-led affinity groups representing women, people of color and the LGBT+ community
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry’s premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry’s brightest talent. We’re inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.