DANCE/FITNESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
(SPRING SEMESTER 2022)
Brief Organization Overview:
Pomona Hope is a non-profit, faith-based, community organization dedicated to working in partnership with people of all backgrounds to strengthen Pomona’s children, families, and neighborhoods.
After School with Pomona Hope welcomes kindergarteners through twelfth graders. We are dedicated to working alongside parents and community members on behalf of Pomona’s youth. It is our aim to provide resources and a safe, affirming environment to empower youth to grow and learn.
401 N. Gibbs Street
Pomona, CA 91767
- Provide mentoring and dance/fitness coaching to students from K-8th grade during the workshop.
- Compile a curriculum of age-appropriate dance/fitness activities that can be utilized by the program in the future.
- Ensure all equipment is kept in working order and organized properly.
- Offer at least one age-appropriate health or nutrition workshop for K-8th grade students in the program
- Offer at least one age-appropriate meditation/mindfulness workshop for K-8th grade students in the program
- Assist with program preparations/homework help at least 1-2 hours per week.
- Other duties as assigned
The Dance/Fitness Development Intern should have a desire for deepening their understanding of social justice and child development. They should have an interest in dance and in children’s health and fitness. Dance and/or fitness background or experience is preferred (i.e., ballet, jazz, modern dance, Zumba, cardio, isometric training, strength and agility training, endurance drills, etc.)
*Intern must have the ability to keep safety in mind at all times. Due to the current pandemic situation, students will need to appropriately distance from each other during dance or fitness activities.
Job Title: Dance/Fitness Development Intern
Number of Openings: 2
Hours per week: 6-8 hours (2-3 hours of instruction/set-up/clean-up, 2-3 hours of lesson planning, 1-2 hours of program prep/homework help, and/or other hours for events as needed). Program hours are Monday-Thursday from 2:45 p.m-5:30 p.m. Interns must be available on Monday/Tuesday afternoons (2:45 p.m-5:30 p.m.) to lead workshops (workshop times subject to change). All hours must be completed on-site (with the exception of off-site field trips and/or if doing the online program).
* Please note that the internship is unpaid (college credit only) and that it requires transportation to and from the site. A live scan (fingerprinting) must also be completed prior to working with the students.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to the Outreach Director
Contact person: Nora Codina| Outreach Director | 909.921.3618 ext. 4 | firstname.lastname@example.org