MEDIA AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
(SPRING SEMESTER 2022)
Brief Organization Overview:
Pomona Hope is a non-profit, faith-based, community organization dedicated to working in partnership with people of all backgrounds to strengthen Pomona’s children, families, and neighborhoods.
After School with Pomona Hope welcomes kindergarteners through twelfth graders. We are dedicated to working alongside parents and community members on behalf of Pomona’s youth. It is our aim to provide resources and a safe, affirming environment to empower youth to grow and learn.
401 N. Gibbs Street
Pomona, CA 91767
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Research for and write 3-4 articles for quarterly publication
- Solicit in-kind donations for After School with Pomona Hope (supplies, prizes for students, etc.)
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing
- Invest at least one day per week in After-School with Pomona Hope program working with students
- Event Planning
- Assist Development Committee and Executive Director with preparations for October’s annual Support and Awareness Fundraising Gala
- Assist staff with 1 hour per week preparing for After School with Pomona Hope
- Other duties as assigned
The Media and Development Intern should have a desire to deepen their understanding of social justice and community development. This internship is a great opportunity to explore a career path in non-profit administration. The ideal candidate can work independently, is a self-starter, and has strong writing skills. Spanish language capability is preferred but not required.
Approximate Hours Per Week: 8-10 hours per week; hours flexible. All hours will be done on-site with the exception of off-site meetings. Interns are also required to assist students with homework and/or enrichment workshops during the after-school program in order to have a broader understanding of the work Pomona Hope does in the community. Program hours are Monday-Thursday from 2:45 p.m-5:30 p.m.
*Please note that the internship is unpaid (college credit only) and that it requires transportation to and from the site. A live scan (fingerprinting) must also be completed prior to working with the students.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to the Outreach Director
Contact person: Nora Codina| Outreach Director | 909.921.3618 ext. 4 | firstname.lastname@example.org