The Operations Management Internship Program is designed to orient the intern to the various positions at our sales center locations with an emphasis on operations and warehousing. Interns follow a progressive 12 week plan mentored by the Sales Center Manager and Operations Manager. We offer paid internships all year around and can accommodate your busy schedule.
*This position is located throughout the United States and Canada.*
What You Will Do:
- Receive hands-on training and perform duties in every area of the distribution center
- including Operations, Management, and Purchasing.
- Observe experienced employees to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and
- standards of performance for a successful sales center.
- Shadow contractors/builders, service/maintenance, and retail store customers to learn
- their aspect of the swimming pool, irrigation and landscaping business.
- Learn inventory procedures with the use of a Radio Frequency gun.
- Assist in receiving and storing products.
- Assist in pulling orders from the warehouse and transfers items between sales center locations.
- Perform cycle counts in the warehouse and compare numbers to inventory software to ensure accuracy.
- Look up parts and products in POOLCORP and manufacturer’s catalogs and learns how to order products from manufacturers.
- Learn Prelude inventory system/ADS shortcuts and screens.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable duties. Prepares and mails daily invoices and files pertinent paperwork in the correct files.
- Review the P&L with the sales center manager.
- Learn to identify and acknowledge customers’ needs. Follow up with customers on the status of their orders.
- Learn what is required to provide excellent customer service to assist in serving customers at the sales counter.
- Become familiar with the B2B website our customers use to order their products.
- Complete online training to learn about POOLCORP, the pool industry, pool products, landscaping/irrigation and customer service fundamentals.
- Attend conference calls with Recruiters, MIT Programs Manager and other Interns.
- Complete operations project(s) by the end of the 12 week internship.
- Other job duties and special operations projects as assigned.
What We Are Looking For:
- Junior or Senior standing in a business related curriculum with a solid academic performance record. Preferred curriculums include: Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Operations and Logistics, and Business Administration.
- Involvement in distribution or supply chain internships, organizations/clubs, volunteer work/community service, athletics or military leadership.
- Ability to relocate to designated training branch and provide own transportation daily(housing assistance provided if relocated).
- Desire and ability to work in a distribution setting and learn all aspects of managing a distribution center.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and possesses a customer service driven attitude along with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, employees and all levels of management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Software and the ability to learn Prelude inventory system.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to maneuver heavy machinery, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. and lift products up to 75 pounds.
- Forklift and RF gun experience helpful.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.