To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Your First and Last Name – Innovation Analyst Application’. Applications received by Tuesday, September 28th will be prioritized for review.
Position: Innovation Analyst
Entity: Powerhouse (Innovation Firm)
Reports to: Technical Director
Location: Oakland, CA (2-3 days/week in office with the remainder work from home)
Addressing the climate crisis requires a complete transformation of our global energy and mobility systems. Our mission at Powerhouse is to identify the most innovative startups, connect them to the world’s leading corporations and investors, and drive decarbonization at scale.
Our innovation firm partners with corporations and investors to help them find and engage with cutting-edge startups, tap into proprietary market insights, and lead the next century of clean technology innovation.
Who are we looking for?
Powerhouse is hiring an Innovation Analyst to find the most innovative startups in clean energy, mobility, and climate tech. The Innovation Analyst will lead startup sourcing, identify teams and solutions that align with the goals of our corporate clients, and support client deliverables.
What you will be working on:
- Proactively source clean energy, mobility, and climate tech startups for our proprietary database
- Manage our innovation firm’s startup pipeline, including prioritizing startups for review, leading screening calls, and enabling introductions to Powerhouse’s corporate clients
- Execute sector-specific startup scouting research for Powerhouse clients
- Develop and compile quarterly dealflow reports for Powerhouse clients
- Ensure that Powerhouse’s startup database remains up to date with the latest developments in climate tech and develop informed perspectives on startups in the database
- Develop new startup sourcing channels and strategies for our innovation firm and serve as the primary point of contact for existing channels, including liaising with peer organizations and managing inquiries through the Powerhouse website
- 1-5 years of relevant full-time experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Team-oriented, fast-paced, outcomes driven, high EQ
- Meet and exceed deadlines with consistent follow through
- Motivated by challenges, solutions-oriented, relentlessly positive
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Industry experience in cleantech
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications, and competitive benefits will be provided including comprehensive medical plans, 401(k) plan, flexible time off, and an annual professional development budget.
One of our values is to broaden leadership opportunities for women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and anyone with an experience historically underrepresented in companies, board rooms, and venture funds. We believe that everyone in our industry and at our company has to be committed to anti-racism. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and growth-oriented environment for all members of our team.
Purpose, Culture, and Values
Our purpose is to address the climate crisis with innovation.
The Powerhouse team has built a high-performance, results based, and impact oriented environment. We’re committed to cultivating a positive workplace that embraces feedback and supports personal and professional growth.
As Powerhouse has continued to grow, we have remained rooted in our values:
Addressing the climate crisis requires the ambition to completely reimagine and rebuild our energy and mobility systems. At Powerhouse, we challenge ourselves—and our partners—to act boldly, innovate quickly, and decarbonize equitably.
No company—no matter how big—has the ability to decarbonize by itself. Through our partnerships, we’re enabling collaboration between the biggest corporations and the most effective startups.
The structures of the past hundred years are insufficient to address the climate crisis. Rapid decarbonization requires a radical expansion of new technologies to deploy our best solutions at scale.
Every startup, partner, and organization we work with is driven by people. Our work is rooted in strong and personal relationships with the people changing the way we power our world.