***This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.
In labs and health care facilities worldwide – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist/Scientist, you will join the Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry team onsite at a major biopharmaceutical customer site. You will provide analytical support by performing characterization of small molecule drug candidates, method development, and execution of analytical methods to support certificate of tests, supporting drug discovery, pharmaceutics and process chemistry development. You will develop chiral and achiral HPLC methods, conduct assays, document studies in notebooks, summarize and interpret the data, troubleshoot instrument and method problems. You will also accomplish our mission through innovation and teamwork, creative problem-solving, and use of state-of-the-art technology including UHPLC-MS, multidimensional HPLC, GC, IC, KF, DSC/TGA, UV, and CAD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence – apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job comparable to 0-2 years experience.
- Scientist level: comparable to 2+ years of relevant experience preferably within the industry
- In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding and knowledge of analytical and/or organic chemistry
- Hands-on experience and background in chromatography (HPLC and data handling/reporting) highly desired
- Knowledge of pharmaceutics, solid state characterization, and drug discovery is desirable
- Knowledgeable of laboratory requirements, GMP, PPD & client SOPs, ICH guidelines, USP requirements and FDA guidance
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.