*** This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.
In labs and health care facilities worldwide – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As an Associate Scientist (Research Associate), you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform high-quality research for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry. Your problem-solving skills are an integral piece in helping PPD accomplish our goal of helping bring life-changing therapies to market. This position provides analytical support for cleaning verification activities and the testing of materials in support of GMP manufacture of Drug Substance and Drug Product.
- Developing and qualifying (validating) analytical methods capable of detecting low levels of residues on manufacturing equipment.
- Perform swab/rinse sampling on manufacturing equipment in accordance to the qualified method.
- Perform analysis on cleaning verification samples to determine drug and detergent residues.
- Communicate analysis results to his/her supervisor and to the appropriate teams.
- Support analysis of raw materials, excipients, packaging components, starting materials, and packaged clinical supplies using various analytical techniques.
- Residual Solvents testing by GC.
- Routine Water Analysis by HS-KF.
- Compile new specifications for raw materials, excipients, and packaging components.
- Assist in the testing of drug substance and drug products as needed.
- Wet Chemistry (USP)
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It’s not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2-5 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
In some cases, an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates must have familiarization of analytical instruments, skilled in making buffers, and hands on experience with pH meter, chromatography (HPLC), and FTIR.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work about documentation and instrument use
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Candidates should be detail-oriented and have good problem solving, written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD –
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.