***This position requires long term eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship. Please note F-1 OPT Visas are not considered long term eligibility for this role.***
In labs and health care facilities worldwide – HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our clients through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our clients to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As a Scientist, you will work onsite at the client lab facility using state-of-the-art technologies to support the Global Quality Analytical Science and Technology group by performing bioassays, immunoassays, cell-cultures, and managing lab equipment and consumables.
Additional responsibilities for the role on site at a major biopharmaceutical company:
- Maintain cell lines and prepare laboratory solutions (i.e. cell media, buffers, etc.)
- Execute bioassay and immunoassay experiments in a GLP/GMP environment to support method remediation, reagent screening, and trouble-shooting
- Maintain lists of consumables and reagents and ensure an uninterrupted supply by ensuring timely order placement, receiving and stocking
- Work with site services and external vendors to coordinate, conduct, and document equipment calibration/preventative maintenance
- Possesses a thorough understanding of laboratory procedures and can reliably conduct complex analysis with increased independence.
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices.
- Follows validated or experimental analytical procedures with periodic direct supervision.
- Responsible for review and compilation of results and data comparison against SOP acceptance criteria, methodology, protocol and product specifications.
- Enters data into databases and reports.
- Performs self review for own data prior to QC submission.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It’s not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence – apply now!
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience. OR Masters degree
- In some cases an equivalency, consisting of a combination of appropriate education, training and/or directly related experience, will be considered sufficient for an individual to meet the requirements of the role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple applicable techniques such as: ELISA, PCR, Bioassays, Immunoassays, Cell Culture, cell based assays, binding assays
- 2 years of experience with aseptic/sterile technique is required
- Experience in a regulated lab strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Method Validation experience is preferred
- Experience with bioassay/immunoassay data analysis software packages (SoftMax, PLA, StatLIA, etc.) is preferred, but not required
- Proven ability to interpret data by performing trend analysis
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
PD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
keywords: Immunoassay, Bioassay, ELISA, PCR, cell-culture, aseptic technique, capillary electrophoresis
PPD is proud to be an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength and fosters an environment of mutual respect. PPD is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or status within any other protected group.