The BI Data Analyst role identifies business intelligence, reporting, and data analysis needs. They work closely with clients and IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. The BI Analyst builds an understanding of the business at a level of detail that enables them to identify and address critical issues. They provide data that is accurate and reliable, and ensure the information is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems.
The BI Analyst educates and trains clients to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new forms and content for analysis and option exploration. The BI Analyst will work with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) strategies.
- Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions.
- Works on medium to complex and cross-functional IT and business intelligence solutions.
- Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the PCC Metals’ BI systems.
- Designs PCC Metals wide “views” and custom reports.
- Extracting and manipulating large datasets from different data sources such as databases, text files, Excel, Access, etc.
- Transforming, integrating, and presenting data for analysis
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Provides input to the development of information quality metrics.
- Provides input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly
- Designated Power BI “super user”
- Test data warehouse tables by visualizing large datasets to find patterns in data quality issues
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related field
- Experience with business intelligence tools Tableau or Power BI (preferred)
- Experience with Oracle or SAP (preferred)
- Understanding of Structured Query Language and Relational Databases
- Demonstrated understanding of ‘Big Data’ concepts and principles
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies desirable
- Knowledge of one or more aerospace manufacturing functional areas.
· Business Intelligence tools
- Power BI or Tableau
· Database Languages
- SQL (required), TSQL or PLSQL a plus
· Statistical Languages
- R (preferred), Python, SAS, etc.
· General Software
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Work Environment –
Office based, with limited need for travel between the plants.