The Sales TRP is a 2-year rotational program that occurs after the candidate has completed at least 1 year at PCC in a part or dimensional engineering position. This program consists of two 1-year assignments as an Account Manager at different PCC facilities in order to accelerate the learning of the sales function. The goal of the program is to intentionally develop Plant or Regional Sales Managers as a possible career path within a 3-5 year time period. Below is a job description for the Account Manager position.
Manage internal/external customer expectations, communications, negotiations, and scope creep. The primary goal of the candidate will be to successfully build and manage customer relationships, communications, and expectations to reduce risk to the company utilizing effective communication and negotiation skills. Success criteria for this position will be building, or fostering existing relationships, with key internal customer contacts, and negotiation of contracts and engineering change requests based on requested technical changes and/or scope creep eliminating cost overruns and/or schedule delays.
Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with engineering, operations, upper management and external customers. The candidate will effectively communicate with both internal and external customers providing clear direction, planning, clarification, guidance, decisions, status, and issue resolution utilizing informal email, formal Word & Excel correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, and MS Project as applicable. Success criteria for this position will be submitting and presenting to senior management monthly program reviews and external customer design/program reviews. A measure of success will be presenting the monthly senior management reviews and quarterly customer reviews in a clear and concise manner with high confidence.
The commercial skills gained from this assignment will be transferrable across all of PCC’s businesses and will afford successful candidates the opportunity to grow within the organization.
- Responsible for contract analysis, strategy, and high-level information exchanges with major customers.
- Manages reporting and data organization for all commercial activities.
- Supports facilities in tactical customer endeavors.
- Standardizes sales functions such as quoting and contract strategy, leverages best practices across the Division, and conducts costs structure comparison between plants.
- Attends customer meetings/conferences and handles mid to low-level issues and negotiations.
- Gives high-level presentations to customers and create sales presentations in support of leadership.
- Conducts day-to-day sales functions including data mining, spreadsheet modeling, and database entry.
- Provides sales forecasts by part number for customer’s parts in support of quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Manages casting sales and NRE sales (Non-recurring sales like tooling, fixturing, or engineering) to support plant quarter and annual P&L plans and budgets for account managers customers.
- Manages part profitability and margin in support of plant and Division pricing and margin expectations.
- Bachelor’s in engineering or quantitative education.
- Commercial sales experience is preferred.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States Advanced skills in business analysis and spreadsheet modeling
- Strong communication and presentation Skills
- Proven record of performance and accomplishments
- Strong interest to grow professionally
- DIFFERENTIATING COMPETENCIES
- MBA with financial or sales focus Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Knowledge of the Aerospace Industry
- High level of self-motivation, tenacity and adaptability
- Team orientation Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Drive for business results
It is the intent of the program to prepare and place successful Sales TRP graduates to a full time Sales position within the Structurals Division.