Peer Support Specialist
About Prevail Health Solutions:
Prevail Health Solutions is a unique social enterprise that is dramatically changing mental health care and the economics of mental illness, whose annual cost is measured in hundreds of billions annually in the US. Prevail’s online platform provides on-demand support and treatment for a host of mental illnesses, ranging from depression to substance abuse to PTSD. Prevail partnered with the National Science Foundation to develop its innovative platform with support from a range of partners and funders, including Goldman Sachs Foundation, Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation, Rush University, and many others.
In two clinical trials, Prevail’s web and mobile applications demonstrated the same clinical effectiveness as traditional face-to-face therapy at a tiny fraction of the cost. The platform was originally developed to serve U.S. veterans and the military. Our complex technology platform and expansion plans demand experienced Peer Support Specialists with serious mettle to help those in need.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Peer Support Specialist to support those in need of mental health services in LA County through Prevail’s proven online system in a part-time role. Our Peers serves a diverse population of adults and adolescents addressing a variety of behavioral health concerns including anxiety and depression, interpersonal relationship stress, trauma, COVID-19 distress, isolation and loneliness, substance abuse, and disordered eating behaviors.
Prevail endeavors to make strengths-based approaches and approaches in cognitive-behavioral therapy accessible to traditionally underserved populations. This position will provide direct support to users and members, and maintain an empathic, engaging, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed environment for individuals seeking help with behavioral health concerns.
It will be a very rewarding, fulfilling opportunity and you will have a tremendous impact on the lives of many people!
· Engaging others in online instant message chats to meet program retention and adherence goals, motivate participants and helping to improve their well-being
· Building on the reputation of Prevail as a leading source for delivering mental health support and strengthening the Community
· Key tasks will include using the Prevail platform to actively support Prevail users via Prevail’s web and mobile applications, highlight the Prevail brand, improve program experience for users
- Be passionate about helping those in need
- Availability to work 10-25 hours per week on a set schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Must be extremely dependable and reliable
- Must be tech and computer savvy in order to use our web platform and assist users with site functionality
- Must have experience in Peer Support, Psychology or Social Work-related fields
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work
If you are ready to take on a challenge in a dynamic start-up atmosphere, then don’t hesitate to reach out and apply for the position. We take a holistic approach to hiring and consider the unique qualifications of each candidate. A cover letter and resume is needed for full consideration. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.