ABOUT THE COMPANY
Probolsky Research is a non-partisan, independent market and opinion research company. We are Latina- and woman-owned.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking students interested in elections, government and public policy. Interns transitioning to full-time employment position is encouraged.
We offer a business-casual environment. Previous experience in related industries is not required.
English majors and bilingual students are highly encouraged to apply.
Those selected will have the opportunity to learn the business side of elections, government, public policy. Interns are paid a modest monthly stipend.
We accept applications on a rolling basis.
• Dedicate a minimum of sixteen (16) hours per week to Probolsky Research (flexible scheduling)
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Highly organized
• Attention to detail
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze research results and create reports using Microsoft suite of software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Monitor media sources such as newspapers, blogs, radio, television
• Monitor governmental agendas
• Create, update and maintain databases of media, elected officials, government agencies and other key influential individuals and groups
• Attend public hearings such as city council, special district and county board of supervisors meetings
• Coordinate events
• Write news releases, letters, reports, speeches, talking points and position papers
• Attend/staff events
• Answer office phones
• Perform follow-up calls regarding events and meetings
INVITATION TO APPLY
College students who are interested in our work should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your background and interest in a position and at least one non-academic writing sample to: email@example.com.