Begin a meaningful career right here.
Personal Care R&D packaging plays a critical role to delivering the overall Global Personal Care business objectives supporting multiple billion-dollar brands such as Gillette, Old Spice, and Olay. Consistent with the Beauty 2025 and Corporate Ambition 2030 sustainability goals, this team is passionate about developing new sustainable packaging options and designing new packaging to delight consumers!
The R&D packaging role will be responsible for leading the technical and business aspects of packaging initiatives, innovative forms for sustainability, new designs for consumer delight, technical changes, and cost savings, supporting all personal care forms such as antiperspirants & deodorants, body wash, bar soap and hand soap, on all brands including Old Spice, Gillette, Secret, Olay, Ivory, and Safeguard. In this role, there will be opportunities to work with a variety of packaging technologies, suppliers, and production sites. The personal care business is dynamic, and this role will require strong leadership and collaboration to deliver packaging to delight consumers, on time and with excellence. The work is primarily North America focused, but supporting Latin America and Europe; therefore, requiring global connections since PC is a global business. This role is based in Cincinnati and may require some travel within the United States.
This candidate must be a strong leader with technical and organizational skills to manage a variety of projects and dynamic, fast-paced programs. This role requires collaboration and communication skills to be successful. They will lead technical packaging initiatives and new package designs from concept to delivery and qualification, with robust technical plans, be creative to help develop an innovative sustainable package solution, and a package upgrade to further delight the consumer. They should establish and foster good working relationships with our suppliers and manufacturing sites to deliver solutions and communicate learnings to various partners. Embracing the mindset of always being curious, the candidate should be interested to identify and implement system improvements, passionate about continuing to grow and build capabilities, and willing to work with new methods, systems, and processes. This role is ideal for a candidate who has strong leadership and critical thinking skills, is creative, solution-oriented, can handle many projects in parallel, has technical rigor, and enjoys collaborating across multiple disciplines, functions, plants, and suppliers.
As a Scientist you will guide and influences technical project direction and solve significant technical problems by leveraging scientific/engineering skills and strong foundational Packaging understanding developed through hands-on experimentation/application. YOu will perform Application work and demonstrate implementation skills leveraging knowledge that moves projects forward and also begins to gain exposure to and demonstrate initial proficiency in performing integration work. Collaborate effectively with multi-functional business teams and use/create Consumer feedback to improve solutions. Deliver technical outputs which address critical innovation challenges and completion of key milestones.
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor or Master degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Science).
science / technical based degree, and not limited to chemistry or chemical engineering. Mechanical engineering, packaging science, etc. would all probably be better fits.
* Lead with Courage: Strong technical leadership skills are required. Must be able to identify improvement and opportunity areas, drive projects and ideas to fruition, and energize others while delivering the business. The candidate should be relentless and have a passion for driving to and delivering new and creative solutions, despite many potential challenges and unclear processes.
* Technical Mastery: The ideal candidate has demonstrated strong technical and problem-solving skills. An understanding of packaging materials and processes such as injection molding, printing and decoration, and material qualifications are important. A desire to dig into the technical details, find solutions, and recommend next steps is critical. Knowledge of the initiative process, packaging work process, and technical readiness process is desired.
* Operates with Discipline: The candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and maintain technical rigor and quality. The ability to work independently and set priorities is vital. Accountability and organization skills are needed. Through this role, the candidate will have strong coaching support and skill development, in addition, will be asked to lead several programs so demonstrated ability to be a disciplined leader is critical.
* Bring Out Our Best: Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills are imperative. This role works with multiple colleagues, levels, suppliers, and manufacturing sites, so the ability to communicate clearly and effectively is important due to the fast-paced and frequent changes. In addition, timely written communication such as technical delivery plans, testing plans, reports, and packaging standards is expected.
* Agility and Adaptability: Due to the fast-paced and changing category, project direction and priorities may change quickly, so the ability to adapt in order to respond, pivot, and drive clarity in response to change is desired.
* Passionate Ownership: Packaging is an exciting and challenging field, given its intersection with the deliverables of almost every P&G function and its usual role in the critical path schedule of projects. Candidates who thrive in packaging have a strong sense of ownership, including attention to detail and a strong sense of accountability for timely and quality execution.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment – working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits’ package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Recent Grads/Entry Level (Job Segmentation)