Prudential: 2022 Risk Management Development Program
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2021 to September 1, 2021
- Period 2: September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021
- Period 3: October 1, 2021 to November 1, 2021
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2021
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you an on-campus leader who wants to apply your curious mind to problem-solving, trend research, and data analysis to make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At Prudential that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a member of our Risk Management Development Program (RMDP).
Think for a second how the following recent headlines could affect Prudential’s businesses:
- “New Weapons Against Cancer: Millions of Bacteria Programmed to Kill”
- “Interest Rates Just Keep Falling. Economic Orthodoxy Is Falling With Them”
- “COVID-19 Worldwide: The Pandemic’s Impact On The Economy And Markets”
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) helps ensure that Prudential has a comprehensive framework for understanding the risks embedded in and across its businesses, so that the company can manage these risks effectively, evaluate current and future risk challenges and opportunities, and enhance shareholder value. Risk Management is the heart of how Prudential thrives during the constant evolution of the financial and insurance industries, in advances in technology and biometrics, stresses driven by global pandemics and through changes in global economies and governmental laws. In our full-time, two-year rotational program, you will gain exposure to the core functions of Risk Management while receiving technical and professional skills training and partnering with leaders to help inform business strategy.
Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU), an industry leader in financial services for more than 140 years, offers customers world-wide a variety of innovative solutions for growing and protecting wealth. With over $1.6 trillion assets under management and office presence in 20 countries across 5 continents, Prudential strives to service customers and create long-term value for stakeholders through strong ethics and business fundamentals. We provide a wide array of financial products and services, ranging from individual life insurance, retirement and annuities to asset management. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
Here are examples of the important work RMDP analysts do, for each of our core Risk Management functions. Analysts typically rotate through 2-4 of these functions in increments of at least 6 months.
- Insurance Risk Management: Insurance Risk Management is concerned with Prudential’s long-term liabilities we have through our insurance and retirement products. For example, an RMDP on our Biometrics Landscape team within Insurance Risk would research scientific papers on advances in disease cures, and present findings for leadership so that our Insurance businesses can understand how life-expectancy for our customer base may change.
- Financial Markets Risk Management: The pillars of this function are risk quantification, risk constraints (limits), credit analysis, and strategic review of sectors and trends. An RMDP might be involved by looking at data from Rating Agencies on corporate credit worthiness and use that analysis to review and critique our ongoing investment inputs (where we’re investing our assets!). Or you may be evaluating the potential impact on the Company of a range of coherent, multi-year stress scenarios, chosen to examine the Company’s significant risk exposures, and consistent in severity with a rational interpretation of “worst-in-history” experience. This team also monitors changes to market prices that affect our portfolios and may cause asset-liability mismatching (they make sure we have enough money to pay claims when we need to!). An RMDP analyst would produce and present daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on our derivative trading positions, to inform leadership on new market sensitivities.
- Operational Risk Management: Each one of Prudential’s businesses and corporate functions has specific operational practices (people, processes, systems, and events) that affect how they achieve their goals. Operational Risk specialists develop assessments, analyze events, and manage issues to ensure these practices don’t fail us in execution. For example, an RMDP analyst might discuss the overall risk profile of the Annuities Business with leaders in order to understand and enhance systems used by the business that ultimately benefit the end customer experience.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus structure and assist in securing graduate placement in the organization upon successful completion of the program. All role assignments are located in our Newark, NJ headquarters, which is very accessible via train from NYC, Jersey City, and Hoboken. There are many leadership opportunities throughout the program, including speaking engagements, training and mentoring peers and interns, recruiting as a talent ambassador, and more.
Your Desired Skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating December 2021 or May 2022
- ALL MAJORS are welcome to apply! Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- We look for the following key competencies, instead of specific majors:
- Ability to balance competing agendas
- Familiar and comfortable with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to manage complexity in assignments
- Inclined to challenge the status quo…constructively!
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills. Mathematical aptitude and computer skills are helpful.
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2022 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.