The Software Developer Intern is responsible for assisting in developing applications that allow people to do tasks on a computer and create systems to run on devices or control networks. The incumbent is also responsible and accountable for the execution of the PSC mission, “to maintain the integrity and professionalism of our products and services while enabling steady growth and development”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist software development required for the ARMS robotic project at PSC
- Provide suggestions for improvement for coding and engineering of the ARMS project
- Work collaboratively with the software and robotics teams to ensure compliance with project scope and timelines
- Assist team to analyze users’ requirements and design, test, and development software to meet requirements
- Recommend software upgrades for existing programs and systems
- Assist to design systems and plan how components within a system will operate together
- Support models and diagrams to instruct and inform programmers how to write software code
- Assist to perform software maintenance and testing of programs to ensure they operate normally
- Document information and procedures of system as reference for maintenance and revise for future upgrades to software
- Collaborate with colleagues to create the best software interface to meet user satisfaction
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time-to-time
- Relationship Building – Works with and across formal and informal professional and social networks to build long-term partnerships and connections in the life science industry.
- Negotiation Skills – Active listening, needs assessment, and presents visions to build a consensus.
- Analytical Skills – Identifies, researches, and demonstrates logical reasoning to communicate critical information.
- Rational Persuasion – Presents key factors, influencing factors, and strategic goals to assist stakeholders in identifying solutions.
- Interpersonal Awareness – Ability to be aware of how actions, ideas, and communication can/does affect people and their outcomes.
- Agility – Meets objectives by responding to competing and changing priorities and multiple tasks under inflexible timelines.
- Technical Expertise – The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Organization Skills – The ability to put things together and sort them out in a logical, methodical manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (IN PROGRESS) in Computer Science, software engineering, robotics or a related field.
- 0-2 years’ experience with coding and robotics
- 0-2 years of experience computer programming with the ability to drive results
- Experience writing test plans
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience programming skills and comprehension of software code is desired
- Ability to keep up with new tools and computer programming languages
- Highly organized in planning and time management, with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills