Consistently named one of the top D.C. start-ups to watch since 2016, Quorum is software built for public affairs. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union. Quorum is 100% bootstrapped—meaning we have never raised venture capital funding—and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
As a State Customer Success Intern for the winter/spring of 2020, you will work closely with full-time State Customer Success Managers and Customer Support Specialists to provide a remarkable state client experience. You will be working in an interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful advocacy platform on the market.
What You’ll Do
At Quorum, we move fast. We immerse interns in our culture and product team efforts from day one. By doing so, we maximize your learning opportunities and ensure your time spent here leaves a lasting impact on both the company and your professional development.
- First Two Weeks: You’ll learn the ins and outs of the Quorum State product and how we collect and add publicly available legislative data into our system. You will begin gaining familiarity in state politics through reviewing news articles, social media posts, and other resources.
- First Month: You will begin the project to collect significant 2022 legislative sessions dates through researching state websites and calling/emailing offices in each state.
- First Two Months: You will independently conduct audits of legislative data in our State product and help document information from each state legislative website.
- By the End of the Internship: You’ll take ownership over publishing these dates into a Quorum branded calendar for our users.
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from Day One
- You are detail-oriented, and care about finding long-term strategic solutions, rather than implementing a short-term, quick fix
- You are excited about working at a dynamic and fast-paced startup
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever needed, from helping with audits of data quality to researching each state’s unique legislative process.
- Work experience with the legislative process or in politics and advocacy more broadly; whether it be working in a state legislature, on a campaign, on the hill, or in legislative advocacy, is a plus.
About the Product Team
We’re a small team that works fast and pitches in wherever needed. We work with all departments in the company to ensure our products are delighting users. The team values hard work, creativity, productive discourse, and trying new things.
Our Work Environment
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? If so, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!
Application Deadline: August 2nd, 2021
This position is part time and you should expect to work 15-20 hours a week. The internship will begin in September 2021 and conclude in early December 2021. There is the possibility of an extension.
Position is limited, and applications are considered on a rolling basis. It is to your advantage to apply as early as possible.