LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
Skip the “entry-level” “grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As part of the Launch program, you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to make a real impact and advance your career – fast.
Already know where you want your career to go? Looking to explore some options first? (“All of the above” is a perfectly valid answer.)
INTERNSHIPS AT HEALTHLINE:
We don’t believe in busywork, and we definitely don’t believe in wasting time or talent on “getting coffee.” As a Healthline Intern, you’ll be expected to contribute new ideas, take ownership of meaningful projects, and make a real impact on our business.
Typically, Healthline Interns own 1-2 large projects over the summer. With guidance from your manager, you’ll drive strategy, build tests, pivot, improve, and iterate until finally presenting results to your business team and senior leadership at the end of the summer.
Our culture is built on feedback, and our Interns are no different. You’ll receive two structured performance reviews over the summer, where your manager will work with you to identify key strengths, opportunities, and goals. Top-performing interns will be eligible for full-time offers at the end of the summer.
WHAT’S THE ROLE:
In this internship, you will be assisting our Content Marketing team in creating multimedia content that educates, inspires, and connects with people across our three health and wellness brands: Healthline, Greatist, and Medical News Today. You’ll be involved in strategy from start to finish in a fast-paced environment, collaborating across teams to optimize your work for massive audiences
- Assist teams (SEO, features) with article production
- Write high-quality articles according to best practices and in-house style guides
- Do first edits on articles
- Assist with project work like executing SEO content improvements
- Brainstorm and pitch content or social ideas
- Graduating Winter 2021 or Summer 2022
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- Research, writing, and editing skills with ability to adapt voice and tone
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and WordPress
- A passion for social media and creating content that works cross-platform
- Ability to research and understand unfamiliar topics
- Working knowledge of AP writing style
- Self-motivated with a track record of success managing multiple projects and deadlines
- So detail-oriented that the the extra word in this sentence is driving you literally insane
Sound like you? Apply now!
*Pro-tip: include your online writing samples.
WHO WE ARE:
You’ll hear us talk a lot about culture and mindset at Healthline – because we know our people, and how we work together, drive our success and differentiate the impact we have on the world. These are some of the things that are important to us:
- We own our holistic health and are committed to joyful, healthful lives
- We listen, commit to inclusion, and work to empathize with our co-workers and with everyone in pursuit of health and well-being
- We take accountability for our work and our team’s results
- Continuous improvement in our work and our ability to realize our vision requires passion for innovation, a willingness to fail, and the discipline to measure
- New ideas and different perspectives make us better allies for each person who turns to Healthline
- Our smart, experienced leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it’s like to work at Healthline Media.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.