Job Title: AVID Tutor
Location: Matthew Gage Middle School
Address: 6400 Lincoln Ave. Riverside 92506
Hourly Rate: $14/$15 an hour
Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
Shifts: Openings: Tues (7:45 to 12:45) Thurs (7:45 to 12:45) Fri (7:45 to 12:45)
Hours may vary within these days. NO Monday or Wednesday
Application Date: Interviews/Hiring/Process will be completed in Fall 2021
Position Start Date: School Year 21-22 (FALL 2021) ASAP Year Long Commitment
- Serves as a role model/mentor for AVID students.
- Actively participate in AVID Excel Scholar Groups and/or AVID Tutorials.
- Facilitate the tutorial learning process and implement AVID methodologies.
- Adhere to district/site policies and procedures.
- Complete a minimum of 16 hours of tutor training.
- Takes an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of AVID students.
- Assists students in the successful completion of college eligibility requirements.
- Provides academic support for students in rigorous courses.
- Encourages students to enroll in a four-year college or university after high school.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or have a college degree.
- MUST HAVE AVID program knowledge
- Attendance is mandatory at scheduled program training and meetings.
- Strong Mathematical background in College Algebra/Geometry.
- Strong English Language background in writing and reading strategies