Data Analyst Intern
A career that makes a difference!
RKD Group is a direct response marketing and advertising agency that helps drive revenue and create breakthroughs never thought possible for local and national nonprofit clients. RKD Group has helped hundreds of nonprofits raise billions of dollars to fulfill their missions. Join our team and assist with marketing and fundraising campaigns for causes such as helping lift children around the world out of poverty, finding and funding a cure for breast cancer,or rescuing animals from abuse.
RKD Group is looking for a Data Analyst Intern who would be responsible for reporting and data analytics. Reporting to theSenior Director, Data Management, this position will work closely with the Data, Visualization and Analytics teams. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and results-driven with the ability to work under pressure. They will be very organized and have good attention to detail. The role will involve building out Excel workbooks and writing business documentation.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work closely with internal teams, gathering requirements and delivering required solutions
- Work closely with our Data, Visualization and Analytics teams
- Attend meetings and act as a subject matter expert
- Connect and manipulate data from a variety of data sources and perform required transformations in SQL and Excel (Power Query)
- Develop calculations in Excel and Power Pivot, which are accurate and perform well on large datasets
- Create a suite of Birst Dashboards for QC and internal monitoring
- Publish reports via Sharepoint, managing them through the distribution of apps and monitoring usage/data refreshes/security access
- Documentation of processes for both technical and non-technical users
The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong experience with the Microsoft suite (Excel, power pivot, power apps, power automate, SharePoint, etc)
- Experiencewith Microsoft Power BI (Microsoft Dynamics Power BI certification is a plus) or a comparable BI tool (Birst, Tableau, Grafana, Qlik, etc)
- Good knowledge of CRM systems and SQL basic syntax is preferred
- Proficient in the use of Power Query
- Any experience with writing technical and non-technical business rules,business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and methodology development and documentation is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (in process) – most likely a junior or senior. Business Informatics, Computer Science, Analytics, IT, Engineering, or other related fields.
Location: Position can be remote. This is a part time/paid internship, starting in the fall.
RKD Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
No sponsorships available for this position.