- Experience with blogging, social media, content strategy, public relations and other communications
- Experience developing, implementing and managing social media campaigns on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and
- Experience in social media copywriting and/or visual design skills
- Experience with SEO basics
The Design Communications Intern contributes to the development and execution of campaigns across various digital and social media channels. They create strategies that balance thought-leadership, positioning, and messaging that advance and enhance design awareness with internal and external audiences.
- Assist with researching topics and stories within the organization and create engaging content for different internal communication platforms
- Create, write and edit content for team communications
- Write press releases, articles and pitch story ideas
- Create and publish engaging, creative visual social content for designated social media platforms
- Track and manage the success of communications
- Identify and develop story opportunities
- Present social media research, documentation, data analysis and interpretation, visualization of effectiveness and suggested recommendations for all proposed and current social media campaigns to working groups and leadership
- Research and present trends in social media, including new platforms, industry trends, and strategy
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.