- Knowledge of Service design methodologies
- Ability to synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design solutions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to stay up-to-date on the latest standards, changes and trends in the service design field
The Service Design Intern looks beyond the digital world and focuses on the entire client experience across multiple channels and touchpoints, using human-centered design methods. They research, analyze, design concepts, tell compelling stories and create service prototypes to inform how micro and macro touchpoints work together, from both the perspective of the client and the teammates responsible for providing the service.
- Co-produce deliverables such as qualitative research reports, client and team member journey maps, process flows, concepts, service design blueprints, personas and prototypes
- Support holistic service design activities within a strategic client journey leveraging a variety of human-centered design methods and frameworks
- Communicate, advocate and demonstrate a human-centered design process
- Facilitate ideation workshops with cross-functional internal teams
- Seek out, aggregate and conduct qualitative client and team member research/insights in partnership with researchers
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and engage with different stakeholders (internal and external) to create design artifacts that simplify complex ecosystems for large audiences
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.