- Strong desire to learn about programming and technology
- General working knowledge of and interest in technology
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with programming languages
- Work completed toward pursuing a degree in computer science, information technology, information systems or a similar field
The Software Engineer Intern has the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on large-scale projects while building and refining their coding style. As a valued member of our team, interns work closely with other team members to help solve new and novel technical issues while building technical, communication and project management skills.
- Collaborate with engineers, developers, architects, quality assurance, system engineers and product managers to solve new and existing technical issues
- Understand requirements, implement designs, and provide administration tools and documentation for specific projects
- Develop and maintain software to support business functions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Measure and verify that codes have acceptable performance and scalability
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.