Are you a college student looking to spend your Summer or Fall in a meaningful way? Do you take pride in having a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and passion for customer service? Would you enjoy the opportunity to work with a broad range of clients that span several industries? If so, we want to hear from you!
RoseMcKenna PLLC is a boutique accounting firm comprised of energetic and experienced professionals committed to providing personalized client service. The practice is led by former “Big 4” accounting professionals who are experts in their fields. The practice includes tax compliance and consulting for individuals, trusts, estates, private foundations, and small businesses. To learn more about us, visit http://rosemckenna.com/
We are seeking a Tax Intern for Spring 2022 to join our growing office in downtown Washington, DC. We are a dynamic boutique accounting firm with a client focus on high-net-worth individuals. The successful candidate is highly engaged, detail-oriented, and eager to learn and advance within the company. No prior tax experience is required.
What You’ll Do:
· Prepare federal and state tax returns primarily for high-net-worth individuals
· Prepare federal and state tax returns for partnerships, trusts, estates, corporations, private foundations, and pension plans
· Assist with tax planning, federal and state examinations, tax research, and various other projects as needed
What You’ll Need:
· Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or other related fields)
· MS Office experience, with at least an intermediate skill level in Excel
· Communication skills necessary to manage and develop client relationships
· Strong commitment, work ethic, and professionalism
· Strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail
· Ability to follow direction and complete tasks on a timely basis
· Demonstrates a collaborative team approach with other staff members
· Demonstrates a positive attitude and initiative
If you have this, it’s a plus:
· Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or higher in Accounting (or other related field)
· Strong preference given to candidates who meet the 150-hour requirement for the CPA license
· Proficiency with tax software programs and tax research products
Minimum weekly commitment 20 hours (January– April). Compensation is $20 / hour with overtime (over 40 hours).
Interested in joining our team? Submit your resume and weekly availability to HR@rosemckenna.com. Thank you for your interest! We will reach out to those that best meet the qualifications.
Transportation: Convenient to Farragut North and Farragut West Metros (Red, Blue, Orange, and Silver lines). Walking distance to GWU campus.